Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Star-crossed shenanigans

From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life;
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows
Do with their death bury their parents' strife.
— Romeo And Juliet

So I don't know why I'm thinking about this.  I am quite possible high on allergy and cough medicine.  Anyway, I've been thinking about star-crossed lovers throught time... or just television series.  Below are some of my favs:

1)  Buffy and Angel- Buffy the Vampire Slayer

She's a vampire slayer and he's a vampire with a soul.  Eventually he leaves her to make amends for his sins and for his own spin-off television show, Angel.

2) Peggy and Pete- Mad Men

She's a young, ambitious copywriter at Sterling Cooper (now Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce) and he's a married account executive.  He knocks her up, she has a breakdown and gives the baby up for adoption.  Typical.

3)  Justin and Rebecca- Brothers and Sisters

He's an war vet, former drug user and she's the daughter of the woman who had a lengthy affair with his father.  (Follow all that?)  Are they half-siblings!?  Thanks to modern medicine we find out they aren't... so they fall in love and get married.

4)  Izzy and Denny- Grey's Anatomy

She's a surgical resident at Seattle Grace and he's in need of a heart transfer. 
If I'm ever having a bad day, I watch this episode from season 2 and know it could be much worse.  (He dies on prom night.)

5)  Elena and Stefan and Damon- The Vampire Diaries

She's a highschool student and they are two (smokin' hot) vampire brothers fighting over her.  What's a girl to do!?



Next time, movies!

I need more Leo in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment