Monday, May 24, 2010

LOST and found

I'm a LOST-y.  I was def a super fan the first few seasons.  When the characters started time traveling on and off the island, I got a little, well, lost.  Overall, I'm sure I've seen about 90% of the six season series.  Unless you are living under a rock or are one of those anti-LOST-y's you know that last night was the SERIES finale.  There is quite a bit of criticism circulating the web today, but I thought the finale was a fantastic and respectful way to end the series. Oh, and I know it's a good one when I spend 2.5 hours of my life balling over the episode.  I wasn't just tearing up... I had a COMPLETE meltdown last night.  It all started when Jin and Sun had their flashbacks to the island and I didn't stop crying til the end of the show.  In fact, I kept crying (streaming hot tears, ugly cry) for another 30 minutes after the show ended.  Complete mess.

Anyway, now that I've recovered and pulled myself together, below are some highlights:

Jack and Kate
If I was stranded on an island, I would be just fine as long as I looked like her and got to hang out with a smokin guy like Jack

So, in the finale, Desmond gathers all the survivors together in their flash-sideways (not flash-back or -forward, we're sideways now) and basically everyone finds their island soulmates and friends again and they gather in a "church" in LA.  I say church because when Jack reunites with his dead father, Christian Shephard (get it?), the objects in the background are symbols and icons from all different faiths.  Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, Chinese philosophy, etc.  In other words, everything that happened on the island was real and eventually all the survivors are reunited after their various deaths to move on all together into the light.  (Cue the ugly cry.)

Kate and Jack meeting up in the church to leave together

Holy Vampire!!  Who let Damon into the church!?  Just kidding, Boone, who was killed of very early in the series, reunites with Jack

Jack's real death occured on the island.  Vincent the pup rested by his side (sniff sniff)

When all were gathered Christian let the light into the church

Moving on together... and more tears

1 comment: