Wednesday, May 12, 2010

1 Day of Hell

I survived the 1 Day Cleanse!  Barely.  I was quite hungry all day yesterday but I felt good about know that everything I ate (drank) yesterday was raw and natural (boring and tasted like dirt.)

Below is a link to the One Day Wonder Cleanse if you are interested:

http://www.redcarpetcleanses.com/RCC_OneDayWonderCleanse.pdf

Here's the breakdown the super challenge Heylee and I did on Tuesday:

MORNING JUICE

7:00am
ACE OF BLADES
1 Cucumber
4 Pieces of Celery
1 Apple
1 Kale Leaf
Cilantro
Lemon Juice
Use a juicer
Serving Size 16oz

The nice gentleman behind the Juice Bar at Whole Foods made this one up for us.  This was by far the worst one.  It was NOT delightful.

Breakfast on left, 'snack' on right

SNACK
9:30am
LEMON LIP SMACKER SHOT
2 apples
4 Kale
1 Lemon
1 Dropper Echinacea
Juice all and add tincture
Use a juicer
Makes 1 Shot Glass

Now I don't know why this is considered a 'snack.'  It was another green drink that tasted like dog poo.  (Not that I would know.)

I wrote my name on my 'snack' so no one would steal it out of the TDMN community fridge.


LUNCH
12pm
RAWKSTAR SMOOTHIE
1/2 cup of Almond Milk
1 Kale Leaf
1 cup of Frozen Mango
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
5 Drops Stevia
Blend until creamy
Serving Size 16oz

This was at least a little better.  I think I used well more than 5 drops of Stevia to sweeten things up.  It does taste pretty similar to the cactus it's sitting next to tho.  (Not that I would know that either.)


Everything I've had today is green, eek!

DINNER
5pm
SUMMER MINT SALAD
2 cups of Mesculin Greens
1/2 cup of Cucumbers
5 Crumbled Walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup Blueberries
2 tbsp of Mint
Shake the following in a jar
1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
1/2 tbsp Coconut oil
Herbamare to taste
Makes 1 serving

Finally!  Something I can chew!  Unfortunately, I was so dang hungry I did not get a photo of my salad before I ate it up in :45 seconds.
 
Barbie Salad

I went to bed super early last night to prevent myself from doing a Chick-fil-a late-night drive thru.  This morning I felt pretty refreshed and pleased with myself that I survived the dreaded cleanse.  Goooo team!!


Look at me, I'm a cat!  Meow!

No comments:

Post a Comment