Monday, April 12, 2010

Planning my future... by the pool of course

So I went home today for a lovely lunch courtesy of Whole Foods.  If you haven't been to the new location on Park Lane across from NorthPark Center, go!  It's fabulous!!

After I ate my lunch, I looked out the window and saw 3 girls in their bikinis laying by the pool.  This was 1:30 in the afternoon on a Monday.  Really?!  I want to be outside in my bikini in the middle of the work week.  So, I started brainstorming ways I could get out there.

The Trianon Pool

1)  Call in sick and use all my vacation days... mmm, probably not worth using the few days I do get off from work.  Especially if I unexpectedly get the Swine Flu again or something similarly tragic and have to stay in bed for a week.
2)  Marry a rich man... again, this is not very likely because of the high concentration of Dallas d-bags.  And I have the worst luck ever in that department.
3)  Build my web design skills so I can start my own company and work from home... now we're talking!

I just finished up a 4-week night class at SMU called Intro to Dreamweaver.  Dreamweaver is an Adobe design program used to build and maintain websites.  A week ago I spent my entire tax return (and then some) on a new Mac Book Pro and all the software I need to get me up and going.

Ooooh pretty!

Now my new project is to practice and develop my design skills.  I even hung out in the techie aisle at Barnes & Nobel recently and bought a Dreamweaver for Dummies book.  I was definitely the only girl in a skirt and heels hanging around that aisle. 

I'm afraid it may take me 2 years to learn all this stuff.  If anyone has any Mac or design tips, I'd love to hear them!

Cheers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment