Tuesday, April 20, 2010

California... here we coooooome!

So this week I'm returning to the old country, the mother land, the O.C.  I was born in Orange County and lived there til I was 2.  I know, not long, but I always claim California and NOT Texas.  It's on my passport, so there, I do what I want. 

On Thursday I'm flying into LAX (with a dream and my cardigan) to join a group of girlfriends for Sara's Bachelorette Extravaganza.  Yes, we have matching pink t-shirts.  We'll be out there for 3 days wine tasting, shopping, dining, more wine tasting, going to the beach, jello shots, sumo wrestling... sumo wha... !?


While thinking about this trip I starting thinking about one of my favorite shows of all time, The O.C.  I've seen every episode of the 4 season FOX series that ran from 2003-2007.  Who can forget The Bait Shop (hello, Peach Pit knock-off), or when Kirsten became an alcoholic, or when Seth created Chrismukkah (my fav holiday), or when Ryan... well Ryan beat up everyone in Newport, or when Summer pulled that Spiderman move on Seth during the thunderstorm, or when Marissa starting dating girl-Alex, or Sandy's (Peter Gallagher's) eyebrows, or when Jimmy Cooper was dating Jennifer Aniston... oh wait, that was Tate Donovan in real life... or when Ryan's car is flipped by Volchok's, injuring Marissa and she then dies in Ryan's arms on the dark streets of the O.C. at the end of season 3?!  Drama!

See the opening credits below, featuring Phantom Planet's 'California'

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun!

    Not to brag or anything, but my cousin, Ryan, has a t-shirt company and one of his t-shirts was worn by Seth on The OC. www.demockratees.com

    It's the one w/the person shooting gas into their head.

    ReplyDelete