Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Coffee Talk

As an Uptown girl, I've made a habit the past 4+ years to grocery shop, lunch and brunch at Eatzi's on Oak Lawn.  It's a Dallas staple and I've recently discovered a new simple pleasure at the local market, Eatzi's coffee.  I was in this past Sunday morning, bright and early, curing my hangover, I mean, getting my day started and I hit the grill for an egg scrambler and then ordered a cafe mocha at the espresso bar.  I have no idea what kind of voodoo this girl put in my mocha, but about 3 minutes later, my piping hot cup of yumminess arrived and I was delighted.


Truth be told, I'm not a good coffee drinker.  I don't know the fancy terms, I don't branch out and I usually have to get half-caf or I get the shakes.  This coffee was not heavy on the sugar or syrup like Starbucks and I wasn't trembling or crashing an hour later like I usually do.  It was fab.  But then again, after a night on the town, anything would have tasted pretty damn good that morning.

Check out Eatzi's coffee, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment